To download an eBook from ProQuest, you will need to also install Adobe Digital Editions. Follow the following steps to download a ProQuest eBook.
1. Click on the "Download" button for the eBook found in ProQuest.
2. Select your device and whether or not you're downloading to your personal device.
4. Select the download link for Mac or for Windows, depending on the type of device you are using.
5. Finish installing Adobe Digital Editions by completing each step.
6. Return to the ProQuest eBook page and select "Done with this step."
7. Now you can download the book. Click on download. The book will download as an ACSM file.
For some users. you may need to change the application preference of the file to Adobe Digital Editions. To do this, open your file location. Right click on your file. Select "open with" (if using Mac, you will need to select "Get info" before seeing "Open with"). If you see Adobe Digital Editions as in option, click on Adobe Digital editions. If you don't and you're using Windows, you may need to select "Choose another App." Select "More apps" if you still don't see Adobe Digital Editions. Once Adobe Digital Editions is selected, click ok. If you have any questions email firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. To open your downloaded eBook, you have several options. You will need to drag the eBook ACSM file to Adobe Digital Editions.
One way to do this, is to open Adobe Digital Editions. Next open the file location of the downloaded eBook. Have both windows open at the same time. Then, click and drag the ACMS eBook file on to Adobe Digital Solutions (A).
Alternatively, if you have Adobe Digital Solutions as a desktop icon, you may drag the file to the desktop icon and your eBook will open (B).
If you get a pop-up box asking you to authorize your computer by entering an ID, select the check box at the bottom of the pop-up "I want to authorize my computer without an ID" (C).
Now, you can enjoy reading the downloaded eBook!