Library Renovation Fast Facts
Photo taken at the University Library's "Renovation Kickoff Event" in May 2019.
- Summer 2019 – The Library moves to the Library Annex
- July 2019 - Renovation construction of existing Library Building begins
- Summer 2021 - Construction will be complete and occupants moved into renovated Library
Features in the new Library 2021:
- Library event room
- More study spaces and study rooms
- Quiet space, silent space, & collaboration space
- Two large computer zones on two separate floors
- Electronic compact book storage units
- Two rooms for library instruction
- New Special Collection and University Archives room
- Office of Information Technology help desk
Watch the Library Renovation Video Rendition or "fly through"
In the News:
- May 1st, 2019 - Dean Rodriguez was interviewed by ABC 10 about preparing to close the library for two full years for renovations after the semester is over in May.
- October 24, 2018 - Dean Rodriguez was interviewed by ABC 10 about the upcoming library renovation. See the video below!
Academic Senate 2019 Updates:
An Announcement from Capital Planning and Facilities Management:
“Please use care when driving or walking near the sites, due to large equipment and trucks working in the area. If you have concerns, please contact us at Facilities_Services@csustan.edu.
We appreciate all of your patience as this exciting transformation project of our campus facilities is completed.”