Find Theses and Dissertations
Theses and Dissertations Written at CSU Stanislaus
Access electronic theses and dissertations online via ScholarWorks.
- You can filter your search results by resource type (Thesis, Project, etc.), CSU campus, department (Education, Social Work, Psychology, etc.), and degree level.
You may also find print theses and dissertations by using OneSearch.
- Search keyword, title, or author* to find call numbers and locations of theses and dissertations written by CSU Stanislaus students. For theses in print format, one copy is available to be checked out from the University Library stacks. Theses and dissertation in electronic format are accessible through OneSearch.
- Advanced Search includes more features for finding available theses. In the "Search for:" section of the Advanced Search form, use the filter "Books & Media (CSU Stanislaus)", then add in the keyword/s, title, and/or author* in the search fields. Under the "Resource Type" filter (on the left hand of the screen), select "Theses and Dissertations."
Theses & Dissertations from Other Universities
ProQuest Dissertations Full-Text: Humanities and Social Sciences
- Includes descriptions (abstracts) of over 2.1 million dissertations and theses written for humanities and social sciences degrees, as well as the full-text (in PDF) of most written since 1997.
- The "Books & Media (CSU+)" option of OneSearch includes theses written at most campuses of the California State University system. Search for a topic and the word theses (e.g. Japanese American History theses). To narrow search results more, use the "Tweak My Results" filters found on the left-side of the search results page.
Dissertation Abstracts as a Source
Many databases list Dissertation Abstracts as the source for a dissertation, but Dissertation Abstracts actually does not include the full-text of a dissertation. For these dissertations, the full-text of many recent (1997 - present) titles listed in Dissertation Abstracts Part A (social sciences and the humanities) are available via ProQuest Dissertations Full-Text. If the full-text is not available in ProQuest Dissertations Full-Text, including those listed in Dissertation Abstract Part B (science and engineering), the dissertation may be requested via Interlibrary Loan.