- About the Library
- Journal Articles
- My Library Accounts
|Group Study||Quiet Study|
|- Presentation Rooms||- Cell Phone Use|
Cell Phone Use
Please respect others around you by setting your cell phone to vibrate and minimizing cell phone usage in the Library. Audible cell phone use is not permitted in Quiet Study Areas.
Quiet Study Areas
The University Library strives to provide a variety of spaces that facilitate different learning styles and research and study needs. This includes offering space designated for quiet study. Quiet Study Areas are outlined on the University Library floor plan. Please adhere to the following guidelines while in a Quiet Study Area:
- No audible cell phone use
- No group study
- Utilize earbuds/headphones with media devices
Please direct questions regarding Quiet Study Areas to the Circulation Desk or Reference Desk.
The University Library provides several areas that are available for group study, as noted in the library floor plan. Areas conducive to group collaboration include:
- L262 & L263 (south side of the 2nd floor Book Stacks)
- L265, L266, & L267 (west side of the 2nd floor Book Stacks)
- Galloway Room
Presentation Practice Rooms
Rooms with Overhead Data Projectors (L262 and 263)
- Rooms include white board, conference table, Lectern, data projector with screen, TV/VCR/DVD, and wireless access.
- These rooms are for CSU Stanislaus students and are not intended for use by faculty.
- Groups have priority use for these rooms.
- No reservations—first come, first served.
- Items left unattended will be removed.
- Keep noise to a minimum & keep the room clean.
- The cable to connect a laptop to the overhead projector may be checked out from the circulation desk for up to 2 hours. Unlimited renewal unless someone is waiting.
- Late fine for returning the cable is $10/hour.