- About the Library
- Journal Articles
- My Library Accounts
Library and Information Resources for CSU Stanislaus Business Students
LIBRARY DATABASES AND RESTRICTED WEB SITES (access from the Library Web Site)
- ABI INFORM: articles on companies and industries in more than 1,000 business periodicals.
- Academic Search Elite: a large, general-purpose database covering many disciplines and containing over 6 million citations, abstracts, and/or full-text articles from 2300 scholarly journals, magazines, and newspapers.
- Checkpoint: online tax research library including laws, court cases, and selected research tools
- D&B Million Dollar Directory: basic data (sales, employees, address, industry, etc.) for U.S. companies
- Factiva: company and industry information, SEC (10K) filings, newspaper and magazine articles from Dow Jones & Reuters.
- Lexis-Nexis: company and industry information, SEC (10K) filings, newspaper and magazine articles.
- Library Catalog (CSU Stanislaus Library Online Catalog): books and periodicals available in the library or online.
- Market Share Reporter: Market share (% of sales/production) by industry (SIC) for major companies more information
- Mergent Online: data on U.S. and international companies, including SEC filings, annual reports, fact sheets on stocks, earnings estimates, long-term debt/bond portraits, and industry reports from around the world.
- RAND California: statistics on California, bulletins on state and federal policy developments and an online library of research publications focusing on policy issues.
- Standard & Poor's Net Advantage: analyses, profiles and/or ratings of companies, industries and investment devices (stocks, bonds, mutual funds) more information
- Value Line Investment Survey: company financials, industry financials and investment outlook.
UNRESTRICTED WEB SITES AND OTHER INTERNET RESOURCES
- Corporate Information: information drawn from a variety of reliable sources on 350,000 public and private companies, covering 30 industries in 65 countries; free Snapshot Reports on over 31,000 companies, subscription required for full access.
- EDGAROnline: access to the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission's file of 10K (annual) and other SEC reports; registration and/or subscription required.
- Hoover's Online: a comprehensive investment service that provides free access to basic company and industry information, such as business description, SIC code, Web site links, contact information, ticker symbol, summary financials, etc.
- SEC Info: Securities Information from the SEC EDGAR® and CSA SEDAR® databases; includes the SIC (Standard Industrial Classification) number scheme; registration required.
- Yahoo! Finance: one of the most comprehensive databases for current and historical company data and investment information.
Government and non-profit organization sites:
- American Factfinder: enables users to browse, search, and map data from many Census Bureau sources, including the 1990 Census, the 1997 Economic Census, the American Community Survey, and the 2000 Census.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics: access to a comprehensive set of federal labor statistics gathered and provided by the U.S. Department of Labor, including summaries of the U.S. economy by region, state or metropolitan area, as well as profiles of the nine major industry groups.
- Economic Report of the President: annual report of the President's Council of Economic Advisors.
- Economic Statistics Briefing Room: access to current federal economic indicators, including links to information produced by a number of U.S. government agencies.
- FASB: Financial Accounting Standards Board: access to the full-text of reports by the FASB.
- FEDSTATS (http://www.fedstats.gov/): gateway to statistical information maintained and updated solely by federal agencies of the U.S. government; includes a link to the online version of the Statistical Abstract of the United States and other statistical publications.
- NAICS - North American Industry Classification System: search the new system of classification, from the U.S. Bureau of the Census, which has replaced the SIC.
- Social Statistics Briefing Room: access to current federal social statistics, including links to information produced by a number of U.S. government agencies.
- SIC - Standard Industrial Classification Manual: search the last version of the manual to be issued, published by the U.S. Department of Labor in 1987.
CSU Stanislaus Library sites:
- Business Databases
- Finding Company Information
- Government Information Resources
- Library Class Pages
- Search Strategy for Business Cases
Directory of Corporate Affiliations (REFERENCE TABLE #4: HG 4057 A219): or "Who Owns Whom"--a directory of subsidiaries and their parent corporations, both public and private.
Industry Norms & Key Business Ratios (RESERVE: HF 5681 R25 I525): average industry financials arranged by SIC.
- Market Profile Analysis/Community Profile Analysis (REFERENCE: Ref HC 107 C22): a compilation of demographic statistics (population factors, household factors, education and labor force factors, industry and occupational factors, and business market factors) by county; library has Stanislaus, Merced, San Joaquin, Mariposa, Tuolumne, and Calaveras counties.
- Market Share Reporter (RESERVE: HF 5410 M35): market share summaries for selected companies, from a variety of sources, arranged by SIC. Now available online
- Mergent's Industry Review (RESERVE: fHG 4501 M665): company rankings, with financials, arranged by industry.
- Robert Morris Associates Annual Statement Studies (RESERVE HF 5681 B2 R6): composite industry financials arranged by SIC.
- Standard & Poor's Industry Surveys (RESERVE: Ref fHG 4915 S673): industry overviews and outlook, with company financials, arranged by industry. Now available online
- Statistical Abstract of the United States (REFERENCE: U.S. Docs C3.134): an annual compilation of U.S. Census Bureau statistics.
- U.S. Industry Profiles (REFERENCE: Ref HD 2771 U55x): a regularly updated summary of the top 100 industries in the United States and the top 10 companies in each industry.