- About the Library
- Circulation (borrowing, renewing, etc.)
- Course Reserves
- Interlibrary Loan
- Reference & Research Help
- Special Collections & Archives
- Stockton Library Services
- Affordable Learning Solutions (ALS)
- Services For
- - more services
- Journal Articles
- My Library Accounts
Submitting Your Electronic Dissertation
Congratulations, doctoral students, on reaching this important milestone of getting ready to submit and publish the final version of your dissertation in electronic format. (If you are a master's program student submitting a thesis or project, please use the thesis/project submission form instead.)
Have you completed all required steps?
Before proceeding to the submission process, please take a minute to review the checklist below to ascertain that you have completed all required steps in the dissertation clearance process.
- ✓ My dissertation is written and formatted in conformity to the University's Master's Thesis/Project Doctoral Dissertation Guidelines.
- ✓ The chair of my dissertation committee has approved the final version of my dissertation and signed the Approval Form for Dissertation Submission.
- ✓ I have submitted at the Library Administration Office the original signed approval page of my dissertation and the completed Approval Form for Dissertation Submission.
- ✓ I have consulted page 4 of the Thesis/Project and Dissertation Preparation Guidelines and formatted the approval page of my electronic dissertation according to the instruction. The approval page in my electronic dissertation is unsigned and includes the explanation banner: Signed Certification of Approval Page is On File with the University Library.
About the submission site ETD Administrator
You will be submitting your electronic dissertation through a web-based system called “ETD Administrator”, a product of ProQuest, the publisher of the database ProQuest Dissertations and Theses. The submission site will guide you through the submission process, including registering a new account, selecting a publishing option, and converting your dissertation to PDF format. Please follow the instructions and read the options carefully.
What happens when the submission is complete?
When you have completed the submission process, ETD Administrator will display a confirmation statement that says: “Submission Complete: Thank You.” You will also receive an email from the ETD Administrator, acknowledging receipt of your submission. But the dissertation clearance process does not end here. The University Library will review your electronic dissertation, making sure that this final version of your dissertation is in full conformity to university guidelines. When the review is complete and satisfied, the University Library will issue an official dissertation clearance notification. The notification will be sent via email to you, your doctoral program director, and the graduate school. Upon receipt of this notification, your dissertation clearance process is complete.
Locate and access your electronic dissertation
Once your dissertation is accepted by the University Library, it will be deposited to the University’s digital institutional repository, Stanislaus ScholarWorks. A copy of your dissertation will also be submitted to the ProQuest Dissertations and Theses (PQDT), a database for dissertations and theses worldwide. Your dissertation will be indexed and abstracted by both Stanislaus ScholarWorks and the PQDT, but the full-text version of your dissertation will be made available based on the publishing and license options you selected during the submission process.
Proceed to the submission site
Access ETD Administrator at California State University, Stanislaus and begin the submission process.